Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Project Life | May 2013

           Our family has been in full swing and overbooked with social and school engagements the last few weeks - wheeeew...  it's been fun, but I'm ready for a little breather!  I have to say, posting on the blog has suffered because of this!!!  I have finished thru August in my digital Project Life...  even though I haven't posted it all - so hang on - I'll catch up over the next week or so.

          So let's take a look at May 2013:

          This week was a whirlwind of activity with a baseball homerun derby and awards, Mother's Day event at Sunshine House, and an exciting playdate (Figure 1).  I wanted to use bright fun colors to show how much fun they had...  I made my own title card using some striped paper and a digital stamp.  Something else that I have tried to sprinkle throughout our Project Life are some of the art that the kids and I have created.  This week, I have the invitations that Annabelle and I created for her birthday party, and my crazy (but fun!) painted footprints that we made at the Mother's Day event.  So glad I could capture this!

Figure 1
 
          For Week 20 I bought the digital version of Honey PL by Becky Higgins - I love, love, love the colors!  In addition, I had some cut files that worked out great as filler cards (Figure 2).  These faces make every second of time I spend on our scrapbook memories worth it!

Figure 2
 
          The next week was also full of birthday fun, a splash with friends in the pool, and football practice.  I created some of the filler cards - like Figure 3 - using the shape tool in Photoshop and repeating the 3.  Also added a white arrow shape to a digital paper and clipped it onto the bottom right-hand box to provide some journaling space.     

Figure 3
 
          In Figure 4, the final week of May captures the beginning of our VBS, the little ones meeting their teachers' for next year, and a few creations (canvas and lipgloss!).  It never ceases to amaze me how technology impacts our lives - just having my iPhone available all the time allows me to capture unique memories such as this photo of Annabelle getting a massage.  Awesome!

Figure 4
 
          Hope this inspires you to take more photos and capture your memories today!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment