Thursday, October 31, 2013

Spooktacular Day | Halloween double layout

          Boo to you!  Happy Halloween everyone - hope that you all enjoyed the holiday.  We had a fun couple of events to participate in for Halloween and I look forward to scrapbooking them soon...  In the meantime, I have finally gotten around to finishing my Halloween layout that I started at our HKMC Fall Retreat using last year's pictures!!!  Take a look at the SPOOKtacular Day.
          The Luminarte Silk Paints are one of my new favorite items - and this Pumpkin Spice was the PERFECT orange color for my Halloween layout (Figure 1).  Check out the title - it started out as raw chipboard, but with one coat of this beautiful silk paint... gorgeous!  I used that same paint on my tag that I layered under the Trick or Treat canvas tag that I found in my stash.  In addition, I added my journaling on white cardstock that I decorated with washi tape down the side to give it a little pizzazz.  Then I tied a small bit of black & white twine around the tag to complete this section.

Figure 1

           One final touch that I added once my layout was complete were these two googly eyes to the center of the Os in SPOOK (Figure 2).  TOO FUN!

Figure 2

          My collection of pictures were from three different events around Halloween 2012: 1) creating the haunted house, the pumpkin carving, and the shrunken apple heads; 2) the magician act at our apartment complex and how he kept picking on my two girls and their wigs!; 3) the Halloween party we attended at one of our friends' homes.  I blocked the pictures in the middle of my accents to help unify the different events.  I added one of my Reminisce papers with the green background and adorable spiders down the side of my right page...  I liked the look of the spiders but I only wanted it as an accent - and to make them even cuter - my friend, Jen, suggested I added some glossy accent to each of them!  She was right!!!   I used my exacto knife around a few of the swirls to give the page an added dimension (Figure 3).  All in all it turned out fairly well - what a fun group of memories to collect. 

Figure 3

No comments:

Post a Comment