Monday, October 21, 2013

HKMC | October Kit Club reveal

          I enjoyed working with the MME Up & Away product line - and created three layouts:  two double-page layouts and one single-page layout.  I had given you a sneak peek a few weeks ago but wanted to show you the full reveal today.
          The two double-page layouts are similar as they were created about my twins 5th birthday party...  only one is for a boy and the other for a girl!  So fun to use the same layout and papers but have a different result!!!  My focus was on the mustaches and my son's hilarious painted mustache - so I created this layout, Figure 1, first:

Figure 1
 
          I LOVE that these girly bright papers can be used to create a boy layout by adding some white and black cardstock!  Also, this double layout shows eight photos, but even more photos could be added into the white envelope I made using my new Envelope Punch Board - fabulous!  It also holds my journaling and other pieces from the party, including birthday cards from friends & family and two adorable mustache pennants (Figure 2). 
 
Figure 2
 
          The photos are what drives me with my layouts most times...  and this birthday party is no different.  I wanted to capture the laughter and fun that we created with my kiddos friends that were able to attend.  The pirate and princess theme went over great - with the two big events being the treasure hunt and the cannonball fight (with water balloons!).  So fun, but this whole layout was built around this adorable mustache (Figure 3)!
         
Figure 3
 
          The second double-layout was using the same photos but a different look for my daughter (Figure 4).  Much more girly like a princess:
 
Figure 4
 
          I used one mustache and one camera pennants - and a pirate girl cut from a birthday card.  I put this on another envelope 'pocket' (Figure 5).  Again, I can add additional photos, my journaling and other items. 
 

Figure 5
 
          Now, the final layout was a single page with only one photo.  I loved the way it turned out...  it was simple even though it may not look it at first.  The paper had the layers overlaid already...  so I cut into the top corner and added an actual doily with paint splatters on it.  Plus a little modeling paste design on the bottom left corner and along the side of the picture...  some twine and a grouping of flowers...  ta-da Figure 6!




Figure 6

Hope these layouts give you some inspiration for creating your own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment