Wednesday, October 9, 2013

HKMC | Fall Retreat Reveal

          So excited to share some new scrapbook products revealed at our HKMC Fall Retreat!  First let me give you an overview of the different tags that the four of us on the design team came up with using the new Luminarte silk paint.  It's AMAZING to see the different looks and designs from each of us - so fun!

Figure 1
 
          This was my favorite tag creation.  First, I mixed the Matte Medium with the Yellow Rose silk paint.  I used this mixture to freehand paint a sunshine in the upper right-hand corner.  After drying this sunshine, I painted the canvas on the right side with Key Lime green and on the left side with Yellow Rose.  The matte medium 'resists' the colors and leaves the design!  Using a Sissix die I cut out this set of beautiful butterfly wings.  Take the wings and dry emboss them with a swirl plate and a number plate...  then paint them with two different colors of blue...  Stamp the phrase on the bottom right side with archival black ink.  Use a 3D diecut to create the flowers from tissue paper.

Figure 2
 
          The next tag that I created was the house tag in Figure 2.  First, I stamped my stamp in some of the Key Lime green paint.  Next, I used this chevron stamp to stamp the image a few times on my card.  After it dried, I painted the entire tage with Teal Zircon.  I allowed this 2nd color to dry - and the lime green 'resisted' the blue and shows through.  Take a stencil (I used a number stencil) and paint on top of the blue and lime green paints with the Sapphire On Ice blue paint.  Then, I used a canvas tag that I hand-cut into the shape of a house.  Using some of my favorite background stamps, I stamped a door, some text to distress it, and the sentiment. 
          The third tag was so fun to create!  I used a beautiful Quatrefoil stencil and painted three different blue Luminarte paints to create a color wash fade - GORGEOUS!!!!  Next, I used my favorite Distress Ink - Vintage Photo to distress the tag.  Then, I added a hot air balloon - I cut three identical circles.  I painted each of them using the beautiful Luminarte silk Pink Azalea paint.  After it dried, I mixed blue glitter with gel medium and used my distressed bubble wrap stamp to create a variegated design on the balloon - the texture is fabulous!   Once it was dry, I folded each in half and glued them back-to-back.  Add two short pieces of baker's twine and a square basket to finish the hot air balloon look.  Finally, add the sentiment to finish off the tag.
         
Figure 3
 
          My fourth and final tag, is shown in Figure 3 above.  First, I painted two different blue paints around the edges of the card and lime green in the middle to highlight the center of the tag.  Second, using gel medium, I added some wonderful music and butterfly tissue paper over some random areas on the tag - I love the way you can see the colors beneath it!  Then, I used our new chalkboard tags - I embossed swirls on the circle tag and left the backing on this self-adhesive tag (otherwise it doesn't hold the embossed design as well).  I again used those gorgeous Luminarte paints to color the swirls and give the tag some texture.  I like the moon-like look of this tag!  I added some tissue flowers in the lower right corner to finish off my tag.  The other tags created by the DT are shown below:

Figure 4
 
          I hope you get the chance to play with these amazing new paints - they are beautiful and create some wonderful artistic designs!


No comments:

Post a Comment