Monday, November 18, 2013

HKMC | November Kit Club

          So excited to bring you a new kit for our November Kit Club at HKMC!  Check out this fantastic kit (Figure 1) from October Afternoon - Travel Girl.  We love to travel - so I couldn't wait to start crafting with this one!!! 
Figure 1
 
          The first layout I created was a single page layout (shocker - I know!).  At the HKMC Fall Retreat, we created some tags using the people outline stencils - and I wanted to use one of these tags (Figure 2) on my travel layout. I LOVE the Luminarte Silk Paint - fabulous!!!  
 
Figure 2
 
          One of my new purchases, is the awesome new world map from the digital section of Two Peas in a Bucket.  I used my Sissex eclips to cut it out of blue cardstock.  One of my friends had picked up a beautiful immigration embossing die for me - I embossed white cardstock and ran some orange ink over it...  added a few pieces of paper and stickers.  Normally, I don't use gray much - but I have to say I am loving it - especially with the blue and orange here.  I also included one of my favorite family travel photos and I intentionally let it fade in with the paper since I wanted the girl and the world map to be the focus (Figure 3).  Something else that I enjoyed using were the cling stamps "This Way" and Ali Edwards stamps "fabulous" and "TRAVEL"

Figure 3
 
          Up close shot of the Immigration embossed paper (Figure 4).  

Figure 4
 
 
          My second layout was a double page using the negative of the world map I created for the single page above over the gray street paper from the Travel Girl.  I wanted this layout to show how much fun we've had across the world together as a couple and now as a family.  Love my title that I created on the Sissex eclips machine -  "Oh, the Places You'll GO!" - (Figure 5) especially since I can create it at any size that I would like. 
 
Figure 5

           Using Luminarte Silk paints in Yellow Rose and paste, I painted it over a gorgeous stencil.  Next, I added 13 photos taken from all over the world.  I added the title and the string (Figure 6).  Last touch, I added the wood plane.


 Figure 6

     
           My final layout was a double page about travel, but it specifically focused on the summer fun the kiddos had in our front yard in the USA.  I captured some great photos while the kids played in the sprinkler (Figure 7).

Figure 7
 
          I used some of the red enamel dots and blue arrows to draw attention to the title: travel {home}.  These photos show how carefree the kiddos feel when they are splashing around in the water sprinkler. 

Figure 8
 
 I especially love the one of them dancing (Figure 8)!  Awww - to be young again...   

No comments:

Post a Comment