Sunday, September 29, 2013

Project Life | April 2013

          How fun to share with you the month of April thru Project Life!  My digital project life has really been fun to maintain - although not always easy!  Since I do a lot of my photos on my phone, it has made it simple to capture everyday things...  but finding the time to sit down and put it together can sometimes be a challenge.  If I set aside specific time each week, I'm much more likely to get it all accomplished. 
          My goal for Project Life has always been to capture more stories about our everyday life.  Sometimes these things are little things that I know will change as the kiddos get older so I want to grab that memory.  A lot of times, it's relationships that can be hard to put into words...  and even harder as the years go by to remember the relationships as they were AND as they grow... neat to see how far we've come!!!  Let's see what was captured for April:
 
          The first week of April was Easter holidays for us, so we had some fun times hunting Easter eggs in the park and building LEGOs.  The girls even had a fun sleepover with their friends.  For the "title card" I used a gorgeous painted background from Nancy Rowe Janitz and a banner. 
 

Week 14
 
           The second week in April things got back to 'normal' with school and activities resuming.  However, most of the photos I've captured show how busy our lives are...  So sweet to see Annabelle fall asleep reading Sleeping Beauty - ha!  Too fun - I wonder how many times I've fallen asleep reading???  The most fun is to see how the girls dress Rosie up in crowns and long hair - sigh, she is soooo tolerant!  Or to capture innocent things that John says - "Dad can fix anything right?"
         
Week 15
 
          I love, love, love week 16!  I captured some fun stories this week - when the kiddos were creating their own band...  a super time at the baseball game and a scrapbook retreat.  Loads of words and photos - what a great way to remember moments!!!
 
Week 16
 
          Next, I decided to focus more on the faces of the family while I also captured more relationships...  relationships with siblings, with friends, and with people that help our family.  Tried out a few new ideas - letting the canvas heart 'float' on the layout...  and using some arrows to draw your attention...  And finished with an epic story of the letter to the tooth fairy - awesome!

Week 17
 
          Now for Week 18 I did a few new things...  even though John was traveling to the USA, I still was able to include him with a story and photo from my Mom!  Don't forget to use all of your resources when it comes to filling out your weekly story.  Sometimes it's extra pictures or tickets to a show, or in the case of our week:  Annabelle becomes a photographer.  Her photos were not glamorous landscape photos, but they do capture a great example of her first real attempt to be a photographer AND it shows some of the everyday places that we frequent...  that's PERFECT for our Project Life story! 

Week 18
 
          And that wraps up the month of April.  Happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment