Friday, September 20, 2013

HKMC | September Kit Club

          The HKMC September Kit Club had some beautiful papers from the Bo Bunny Key Lime collection.  I love the navy and lime colors with a dash of yellow.  From this kit, I created three layouts: 2 double-page layouts and 1 single-page layout (shocker I know!). 

          The first layout I created was a 2-page spread that began with the two Deep Blue Sea papers.   I rotated the right paper counter-clockwise in order to use the rays across the 2 papers.  From my tool stash, I pulled a vintage Bo Bunny flexible ruler out and used it across the 2 Sun-Dew papers to create a wavy sand look. 

          I printed my marshland photo as an 8R and tucked it under the Sun-Dew paper.  I used the white Thickers letters to spell out my title, along with some Heidi Swapp letters for the subtitle.  I love the mustard Color Shine - so I sprayed it on the small Heidi Swapp letters.  With instagram type frames self-cut for three photos, plus a 4R beach photo & a cute orange polka-dot cellophane pocket to hold my journaling and extra photos...   

The last touches were the Heidi Swapp No Limits banner (from my stash), and the Color Magic notes to cover the fish in the upper right corner. 




          My second layout was inspired by Ali Edwards Hello Story class.  Ali had suggested using a circle pie chart in a layout, but I thought a heart pie chart might be a fun alternative.  After cutting a circle from the left over Sun-Dew paper, I used red acrylic paint in the shape of a heart behind the pie pieces.  I used several photos taken over a year to show my son's relationship with a bunch of the females in his life!!!    Finally, I colored six Color Magic notes and "attached" each one to a photo - underneath is my journaling about each event.



          Finally, my last layout with the Bo Bunny Key Lime collection, was created with one inch strips of our collection of papers.  I wove them together to create some texture and then used gesso and water over it to soften the bright colors a bit.  I LOVE IT!  It is definitely out of my comfort zone - a single page AND a single picture - whoa!!!  Those of you that know me best know just how far this is out of my norm...  I think I'm going to have to do this more often :)

 
          I spritzed the mustard Color Shine over a stencil on my paper to create my on background - stamped some vintage photo Distress ink with a few different stamps - and even used the bottom of my coffee cup to make some circles!!  Next, I used my diamond stencil with some modeling paste to create texture. 
          The MUSIC letters were sprayed with Mustard Color Shine on top and Cherry Color Shine on bottom.  Once I wiped the letters it blended so nicely with a slight orange color in the middle!  The white and red flower was made from a piece of paper towel that I used to soak up some of the beautiful Heidi Swapp Cherry Color Shine that I sprayed on the letters.  I twisted the paper towel and glued it into a circle.  By using a Sissix 3D flower diecut, I created the yellow/white flowers from the paper towel that I used to soak up the mustard color!  In addition, I added in several flowers from my stash to complete the grouping.  Last I added a couple of birds singing...  my favorite layout!

          Hope to hear from you all about your latest layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment