Sunday, August 25, 2013

Project Life | March 2013

          Hello!  Welcome back to the next addition in my Project Life adventure - March 2013.  For March, I did a few new things:
  • created some of my own PL cards to use
  • added in more of our Mom & Dad's activities
  • tweaked colors on the cards to match my layout
  • used digital stamps and .png files
          I used a digital paper and banner to create the title card for each week in March.  We had an interesting week in our family - like Johnny's yummy pork loin & cracklin', along with John & Juli seeing me with a facial mask (Ha!).  I love that I was able to capture these images and stories!!!  Something new that I included was a top news story that was happening that week.  Plus, I have this photo of a new drawing that Annabelle created - each of us have different hair styles - hilarious!   

Week 10
 
          The right side holds a super cute picture of all of the girls at our bus stop dressed up for Book Week...  a gorgeous container ship...  my 'monkey' on the monkey bars...  a sneak peek at a layout completed for the HKMC scrapbooking retreat...  so much fun!  I love that with the digital kits you can sample colors and create something that matches perfectly.
          For Week 11, I repeated my title card for continuity.  One of my favorite new mixed media techniques is captured on a second HKMC retreat sneak peek - glass bead mixed medium gel spritzed with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in gold lame' - you've never seen such beautiful sand!!!  I also realized that I had a lot of photos of the kiddos but not that many of Mom & Dad or what we were doing.  So I tried to include some everyday type shots:  my new haircut, a fresh pedicure, and a picture of Johnny's new RC truck that we gave him for his birthday. 


Week 11
 
          We went out on a limb with this birthday gift - I wasn't sure if my husband would enjoy it.  But as the quote says, "Life is to be enjoyed, not endured." and this fun-loving gift has brought the kid out in him!!!  And the kiddos enjoyed it too.
          Week 12 begins with John as 'little bunny fu-fu' in an Easter play, then we began our Spring Break holiday to Australia and New Zealand.  I plan to create scrapbook pages around our trip, but thought these highlights worked out well to show a sampling of our explorations.

Week 12
 
          Finally, the end of March (week 13) finds us traveling to New Zealand.  I captured some gorgeous photos as we explored - so blessed to be able to share them!  I have some fun cards that I tweaked in Photoshop to make them my own digital project life cards.  I used one of the fabulous NZ landscape photos in two photo slots to try to capture the openness of the country.  So great to get to use a Libby Pritchett flair button to add in a little dimension.
 

Week 13
 
          We had an amazing adventure exploring the Hobbiton movie set on NZ North Island before finishing our trip in Auckland.  I even used a .png file from the Studio Calico Pop Off the Page cut files for one of my cards.  I finished off this double-page with two of Heidi Swapp's words 'beautiful' and 'awesome' - just how we felt about our holiday - it was beautiful and we had an awesome time!

No comments:

Post a Comment