Friday, July 5, 2013

Welcome to Bella Mix!

It’s been ages since I posted – however I am excited to share some of the things that I’ve been busy working on!!!  First - a new blog look.  How exciting to always be in the process of learning - and blogging is no exception.  I would love feedback on how it looks!  When Jessica offered a class "Bloom Your Blog" - I jumped at the chance to learn more and add to my skills... 
Next, in January, I began a new adventure: Digital Project Life.  I love the digital information available over at Jessica Sprague’s website www.jessicasprague.com.  There are new classes offered each month on everything from Photoshop, photography, or digital scrapbooking, along with some fantastic digital scrapbook collections. 
I love how project life captures the everyday life.  Sometimes those small things add up to a BIG life, but may get lost along the way in memory keeping.  And the digital element makes it something easy for me to duplicate for grandparents or for all three children when they are older. 

Check out how January turned out:
 
January Week One
 
 
I love, love, love mixing the photos, graphic cards and text - so fun!!!  I'll show a close up of each page so you can check out the journaling also...  
 
January Week One left side
 



 What a fun memory of our first week in 2013!  John and Juli started a new football (aka soccer) team.  Annabelle is so sweet to read to the little ones sometimes - she's becoming quite the little lady.  How fun is the chevrons and arrows??  LOVE IT!  And below on the right side, I've captured a sweet photo of the two girls, added an awesome transparent 'rub-on', and ta-da!


January Week One right side
 
I choose to keep the first block the same for the whole month for consistency.  The second week looks like this:
January Week Two
 
 
Take a closer look at what I captured this week...  Johnny and I are trying some new healthy recipes...  brand new swim classes began for John and Juli...  plus the everyday things like school and playing with Rosie our golden retriever. 

January Week Two left side
 
 
Sometimes with the iphone photos, either the quality or the size cannot be used by itself in the larger 4x6 sections...  so what I used for my bottom right card above is a diagonal striped paper + my photo - to create a unique card...  The diagonals give a dynamic action feel that seems to work well with the action shot.
 

January Week Two right side
 

Now, take a look at the 3rd week of January.  I've continued with the same first digital card for consistency. 
January Week Three
 
I love that I can use digital papers and elements in new ways - and find a lot of free digital project life cards on Pinterest.  From there you can find links to different websites that sell additional supplies.


January Week Three left side
 
Now that I've been working on project life for a few weeks - I've begun to think more about what I want to capture and how to do just that.  Some of my photos are on my DSLR camera, but a lot of these are iphone photos!  Using my phone has given me a whole new opportunity to preserve our memories.  Two of my FAVORITE:  (1) this picture of Juli on her way to gymnastics...  I asked her to turn around and pose and I snapped a dynamic shot of her with our golf cart in the background!!! and (2) this shot of John's football, knees and trainers...  he is becoming such a tough little guy.  I'm so glad I have somewhere to capture these stories and photos. 

January Week Three right side

Hope you find some inspiration in some of these ideas - have a blessed week!

Angela
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment