Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hello Star | Digital

Hello!  Welcome to the next inspired story created for the Hello Story class by Ali Edwards... 

We are still on holiday travel, so I'm continuing to work only in the digital world for a few more weeks :)  It's neat to be able to change back & forth - and enjoy both digital and regular scrapbooking!!!  There are some things that are easier in digital (like fixing mistakes - hee!hee!) and other things that are not so easy...  blending paint and creating a canvas look.  (Thank you JessicaSprague.com for teaching classes on these and other digital scrapbooking things!)


I used the blending tool to multiply a paper from Liv Esteban called Sing for Spring with a dark worn paper...  then I used the hue selection on the blending tool to have the paper design show on a scanned piece of canvas - very fun technique!  Next I added a few different labels and my photo of my daughter, at 7-years-old, playing her guitar at a church festival, along with a swirl brushed on it's bottom right corner.

 
Ali shared some great ideas with us on telling a story.  The one I choose to use was this one pictured above.  I love that it made me think about my feelings & Annabelle's feelings, instead of just telling a generic who, what, when story.  I placed this journaling on a torn piece of notebook paper.  I found some free digital washi tapes on Pinterest.  Then, added some red sequins to go with my red, white, and blue color scheme! 


After adding some paint splotches, I selected a Crystal Wilkerson alpha to use for my title. Finally, I took a scan of the sheet music that Annabelle played that evening, I deleted the white background so I could use only the black notes - I love how it turned out!

Take a moment to journal your thoughts and feelings - capture your own unique experiences today!

No comments:

Post a Comment